Easy Salad!!

I had a few people ask for this recipe, so I thought I'd share it here:

Spinach Salad with Peaches & Smoked Gouda in a Honey Mustard Dressing
{really, that's pretty much the entire recipe...but I'll go into detail for ya anyway } :)

Ingredients:

Spinach
4 peaches, sliced
8 oz smoked Gouda cheese, cubed
green onions, thinly sliced
honey mustard dressing (the original recipe calls for Honey Dijon, but I am in love with Marie's Honey Mustard dressing. Find it in the refrigerated section of the produce department!!)

That's basically it! Assemble and toss with dressing. Serve Immediately! Delish!

Next time I will add toasted almonds because, well...I put toasted almonds in every salad I make. Extra nutrition and a little crunch makes everything better!


MELON SALAD

Ingredients:

1/3 cup honey
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup orange juice (I used fresh squeezed, but any kind is fine)
3 Tbsp. lemon juice (fresh squeezed here, as well)
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint leaves
4 cups cantaloupe balls
2 cups honeydew melon balls
2 cups watermelon balls

Preparation:

In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine honey with sugar. Microwave on high power for 30 seconds; remove and stir. Microwave 30 seconds longer until sugar dissolves.
Stir and let stand for 10 minutes. Add orange juice, lemon juice, and mint leaves and mix well.
Place melon balls in large serving bowl and pour honey mixture over. Toss gently to coat and serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until serving time. (after you toss with the dressing, the sugars will draw out the liquid in the melon--so be aware, there will be a lot of juice! But I do think if you refrigerate the melon in the dressing for a while, the flavor is a lot better and more intense...just my two cents! And super cold melon is soooo refreshing!)

I hope you enjoy!

Comments

Katy said…
yay... i'll try it!

i meant to ask you for it before I left.